Sunday, September 13, 2009

I was halfway through writing my "thoughts" about Representative Joe Wilson, when I looked up at my TV screen as Kanye West screamed "Taylor, I'm really happy for you. I'll let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time ... one of the best videos of all time!" on the VMA's and all I could do was giggle. Boy, was he mad as hell. Just looking at CNN's top headlines makes me realize everyone is mad as hell. Representative Joe Wilson is mad because he thoroughly believes that President Obama lied in his Health Care Reform speech. Serena Williams is mad because she thought the judge was wrong.

Now, all three will probably "pay" for being mad. For Serena, quite literally she will pay (A fine of $10,500 for her outburst). Rep. Joe Wilson has already apologized to the public and to the president but his opponent has almost reached $1 million in donations since the incident. And Kanye, well, he was kicked out of the award ceremony and has lost thousands of fans (but the incident will probably boost his sales by the end of next week).

Our generation needs to be more angry, innocent people die every day just because they live in a war torn country whether they're involved or not, people starve everyday just because they can't afford it while we are gluttonous with our cabinets filled with food. I am mad as hell, why isn't anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment